What is the difference between the scoring of AP Exams and IB exams?
The IB program, like the Advanced Placement Program, requires students to take a series of external assessments at the end of their courses. The more familiar AP exams are scored out of 5 points. Generally a score of 4 or 5 will receive college credit. IB exams are graded out of 7 points. However, only about 70% of these points come from this external assessment. The other 30% of the points are gained from an "internal" assessment. which are completed in the context of a student's academic coursework.