Business Honor Society
The primary purpose of the Business Honor Society is to recognize juniors and seniors who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a secondary business program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in business (fall and/or spring) class.
- Seniors: Must complete 3 classes in business by the end of the current school year.
- Juniors: Must complete 2 classes in business by the end of the current school year and enrolled in a business class for senior year.
- GPA Business Courses minimum: 90%
- GPA Overall minimum: 85%
Students selected for recognition will have also demonstrated both in the classroom and through extracurricular involvement:
- Character (evidenced by teachers attesting to this quality)
- Leadership (evidenced by committee chair positions, officer/chair or other lead positions in student organizations, civic/community leadership roles, etc.)
- Service (evidenced by volunteer activities in the school and/or community, etc.)
Application, Selection, and Recognition Process
Students complete an application and submit it to their local school business department. Students may initiate the process or the department may solicit applications from worthy candidates.
- Local school department verifies eligibility and selects students.
- Committee of business educators (minimum of 3) will decide membership.
- Criteria: See above
- A list of potential members will be distributed to all business staff for review.
- Students may be denied if any one of the criteria is not met.
- Selected students will be honored at an induction ceremony.
- Local business department completes certificates and prepares and sends a congratulatory letter to each student with an additional copy to the school guidance department.
- Graduating honorees will be awarded honor cords or pin.