OverviewFor the 2024-2025 school year, the Morris Hills Regional District will make up to 15 seats available (depending on availability) district-wide for incoming freshmen residing in one of the four sending districts (Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township, and Wharton) who wish to transfer to Morris Hills or Morris Knolls. The program is not available for students who already attend Morris Hills or Morris Knolls or for students who do not live in one of the four sending communities. Please note that the deadline for 2024-2025 has passed; the district is no longer accepting applications.
- Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to apply for one of these "choice" seats.
- In order to apply, students and parents/guardians must first register with the School District and provide proof of residency. Once your registration is reviewed and accepted, you will receive an email confirmation that includes the link to the in-district lottery application. The in-district lottery application will be due by February 1st. Please note that verification of residency may take time; applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the registration process as early as possible.
- If more students apply than there are seats available, a lottery will be conducted to determine which applicants will receive the available seats and which will be placed on a rank-ordered waitlist.
- If fewer applicants apply than there are seats available, those seats will remain available on a first-come, first-served basis until the Fall 2024 master schedule has been finalized (usually mid-August).
- Students who opt to accept the school choice offer will not be able to return to the high school designated by their residence. Therefore, families should carefully weigh all considerations before deciding to accept a choice seat.
In-District Lottery Procedures (Spanish)
For more information on the Intra-District Lottery Program, please contact:Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction973-664-2293