• Registration Information 

     The Morris Hills Regional District serves the communities of Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township, and Wharton.  The district also admits students from other New Jersey communities through the Inter-District School Choice Program.  This page is for students who are domiciled in one of the four sending districts.  All other interested students should visit the School Choice webpage for additional information. 

    All new entrants to Morris Hills and Morris Knolls must register at the District Registration Office, located on the campus of Morris Knolls High School, at 50 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, in Room A11.  Please contact Susan Andersen at 973-664-2295 or sandersen@mhrd.org to make an appointment.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    What do I need to enroll my student?

    At its most basic, you need to complete the “Application for Enrollment”; Prove Residency within the district, and Provide Student Records as follows:

    To prove residency, you need:

    • Copy of current lease (if renting); or copy of deed, mortgage statement, or tax bill from town (if homeowner) or Tax Bill from municipality or Closing Statement showing ownership. (Documents must be current and show parent/guardian’s name.); and
    • Copy of driver's’ license (both sides) or two bills/statements showing current date, address and parent/guardian’s name (gas, electric, water, etc) or Motor Vehicle ID Card or Voter Registration Card or Current Automobile Registration Card or Homestead Rebate Claim

    For Student Records, you need:

    • Student’s Birth Certificate 
    • Immunization records
    • Transcripts/Test Scores from previous school (If transcripts are in language other than English or Spanish, having transcripts translated into English is recommended to expedite the scheduling process.)
    • Proof of custody (if applicable)
    • IEP (if applicable)

    What happens once all of the documents are submitted?

    Once required documents are submitted, the registrar will review them and determine if more information is needed. A counselor will be assigned and call you to come in to set up classes. Busing information will be provided if appropriate.

    What happens if my name is not on the lease, deed, mortgage statement or tax bill?

    “Short Affidavits” forms must be submitted. The renter/owner and the parent/guardian must complete appropriate forms and have it notarized.

    What happens if a student lives with a person other than a parent or legal guardian?

    ‘Long Affidavits’ forms must be submitted. The parent and the person with whom the student is residing must complete appropriate forms and have them notarized. Documents must be returned within 30 days. These are sent to our Board Offices for approval. Hardship or proof of seeking custody of student must be verified.