OverviewTeachers and students at MHRD, use technology as an innovative tool to inspire and build 21st century skills. As a result, our district embraces the integration of technology into the curriculum as a fundamental strategy for effectively preparing students for the challenges and opportunities of their unique generation.
- Information Technology Staff deploys and maintains district hardware, software and network resources at Morris Hills and Morris Knolls.
- Teachers and administrators use technology tools and strategies for improvement of curriculum and instruction and to assess, gather, analyze, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Students use technology to develop the technical and academic skills that will help them succeed in higher education and future employment.
Technology Resources @MHRD
- Apple, Windows, and mobile platforms are supported.
- Some departments have mobile computer labs and ipad labs.
- Wireless Network Access is available throughout the campus
Goals 2020 Technology & Globalization Task Highlights
- Evaluate internal bandwidth use and resources
- Upgrade Internet bandwidth to 300Mbps
- Implement new student information system
- Implement a more robust technology HelpDesk system
- Continue district and departmental effort to investigate and implement technology tools and applications for student usage. (readers, tablets, iPads, Chromebooks, and other hand held devices)
- Prepare for Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Document and test disaster recovery plans and procedures
- $130k upgrades to server room (generator, switches, & servers)
- Provide Aspen training to parents, teachers and administrators
- Create a place where all stakeholders can access all necessary tools
- Complete Category 6 wiring to 50% of buildings