OverviewIn 2010, Governor Christie signed into law the School Choice Act, which permits public school students to attend public schools outside their resident district. Morris Hills Regional District was approved to accept students from out of district in 2011.
General Information: Applications for entry in Fall 2022 are due no later than December 1, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Students who have attended their local public school for the entire prior academic year are eligible to apply for School Choice.
- Parochial/private school students, home-schooled students, and students attending choice programs in other districts may be considered, depending upon space availability after eligible Tier 1 public school students have completed the application process.
- Students who live within 20 miles of Morris Hills Regional can obtain either transportation or aid-in-lieu from their resident district. Decisions about transportation are made solely by the resident district.
- Parents are responsible for transporting students who live over 20 miles from Morris Hills Regional.
- There are no tuition costs associated with School Choice.
Information Sessions for Students Entering in the 2022-2023 School Year:The district will host two in-person information sessions this fall (advance registration is not required):Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at 7 PM in the Morris Knolls High School Auditorium (50 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, NJ)ORThursday, October 21, 2021, at 7 PM in the Morris Hills High School Auditorium (520 West Main Street, Rockaway, NJ)As per the Governor's Executive Order and CDC guidelines, face masks will be required indoors in school facilities, regardless of vaccination status. Please check this site for any updates to health/safety guidelines prior to the event. All attendees should use this screener as a self-assessment before they arrive at the event. The screener does not need to be turned in.For more information on the Out-of-District Choice Program, please contact:Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction973-664-2293
- School Choice Brochure for 2022-2023
- NJSIAA Rules for Choice Students
- Magnet and IB Prerequisites
- MHRD School Choice Program Profile for 2022-2023
- Intent to Participate Form for 2022-2023 Please note: Out-of-District students who are not enrolled in their resident district (private/parochial school students, home-schooled students, students attending a choice district or charter school, etc.) do not need to submit an Intent to Participate form.
- Magnet or IB Application Instructions for 2022-2023