OverviewIn 2010, Governor Christie signed into law the School Choice Act, which permits public school students to attend public schools outside their resident district. Morris Hills Regional District was approved to accept students from out of district in 2011.
- Students who have attended their local public school for the entire prior academic year are eligible to apply for School Choice.
- Parochial/private school students, home-schooled students, and students attending choice programs in other districts may be considered, depending upon space availability after eligible Tier 1 public school students have completed the application process.
- Students who live within 20 miles of Morris Hills Regional can obtain either transportation or aid-in-lieu from their resident district.Decisions about transportation are made solely by the resident district.
- Parents are responsible for transporting students who live over 20 miles from Morris Hills Regional.
- There are no tuition costs associated with School Choice.
- School Choice Brochure 2018-19
- NJSIAA Rules for Choice Students
- Magnet/IB Prerequisites
- MHRD Program Profile Template 2018-2019
- Intent to Participate Form 2018-19 (en espanol)- Please note: Out-of-District students who are not enrolled in their resident district (private/parochial school students, home-schooled students, students attending a choice district or charter school, etc.) do not need to submit an Intent to Participate form.
- Magnet/IB Supplemental Materials 18-19
Information Session Presentation Slides -- PLEASE NOTE: Due to an unexpected surge in applications for the Magnet/IB Programs, we will no longer be conducting personal interviews as part of the admissions process.For more information on the Out-of-District Choice Program, please contact:Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction973-664-2293
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 7 PM in the Morris Knolls High School Auditorium, 48 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 7 PM in the Morris Hills High School Auditorium, 520 West Main Street, Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Both sessions are identical and will provide information on School Choice, the Magnet Program, and the IB Program.