OverviewFor the 2024-2025 school year, the Morris Hills Regional District will make up to 15 seats available (depending on availability) district-wide for incoming freshmen residing in one of the four sending districts (Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township, and Wharton) who wish to transfer to Morris Hills or Morris Knolls. The program is not available for students who already attend Morris Hills or Morris Knolls or for students who do not live in one of the four sending communities.
- Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to apply for one of these "choice" seats.
- In order to apply, students and parents/guardians must first register with the School District and provide proof of residency. The application will not be visible until this step is completed. Registration for the 2024-2025 school year will be available in mid-December. There will be new procedures for the in-district lottery; additional instructions will be made available shortly.
- If more students apply than there are seats available, a lottery will be conducted to determine which applicants will receive the available seats and which will be placed on a rank-ordered waitlist.
- If fewer applicants apply than there are seats available, those seats will remain available on a first-come, first-served basis until the Fall 2024 master schedule has been finalized (usually mid-August).
- Students who opt to accept the school choice offer will not be able to return to the high school designated by their residence. Therefore, families should carefully weigh all considerations before deciding to accept a choice seat.
For more information on the Intra-District Lottery Program, please contact:Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction973-664-2293