OverviewFor the 2019-2020 school year, the Morris Hills Regional District will make up to 15 seats available (depending on availability) district-wide for incoming freshmen residing in one of the four sending districts (Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township, and Wharton) who wish to transfer to Morris Hills or Morris Knolls. The program is not available for students who already attend Morris Hills or Morris Knolls or for students who do not live in one of the four sending communities.
- Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to apply for one of these "choice" seats.
- In order to apply, students and parents/guardians must fill out the In-District Lottery application (available online March 1st) by clicking on the tab on the left) prior to April 1st of their eighth-grade year.
- If more students apply than there are seats available, a lottery will be conducted to determine which applicants will receive the available seats and which will be placed on a rank-ordered wait list.
- If fewer applicants apply than there are seats available, those seats will remain available on a first-come, first-serve basis until September 30th of the freshman year; as of October 1st, those seats will no longer be available.
- Students who opt to accept the school choice offer will not be able to return to the high school designated by their residence. Therefore, families should carefully weigh all considerations before deciding to accept a choice seat.
The In-District Lottery Application for September 2019 was due by April 1st. If you missed the deadline but are still interested, please contact Dr. Zoeller's office to check on seat availability or to be placed on a waitlist.
For more information on the Intra-District Lottery Program, please contact:Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction973-664-2293