The Math and Science Magnet Program is a highly focused and rigorous four-years honors program. Students will take many of the school’s advanced placement math and science courses, while having the flexibility to pursue other disciplines at the honors level. The foundation of the program is centered around a series of three researched based analysis (RBA) courses where students will receive special training in research methods, scientific investigation, advanced data analysis, and technical writing, leading to independent research. By the end of the program students will become well-versed in the process of scientific research from start to finish, by developing a professional, well-organized and original research project. Students will present their findings through several communication channels and have the opportunity to submit their work for publication.
The Math and Science Magnet Program is a Member of National Consortium of Secondary STEM Schools (NCSSS).
- May provide students with special consideration for college admissions at science and technology schools
- Eligible for exclusive scholarships at a variety of science and technology schools
- Click here for more information.
- AP Capstone is an innovative diploma program that provides students with an opportunity to engage in rigorous scholarly practice of the core academic skills necessary for successful college completion.
- AP Capstone is built on the foundation of two courses — AP Seminar and AP Research — and is designed to complement and enhance the in-depth, discipline-specific study provided through AP courses. It cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence-based decisions.
- For more information, click here