Academic OptionsGeneral High School ProgramOur district has over 200 course offerings for students in grades 9-12, including extensive options in the academic core, Business, Technology, Visual & Performing Arts, and a thriving Gifted and Talented Program.Click to view the Program of StudiesAviation ProgramOur district offers a 3-year elective sequence in partnership with the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) that affords students the opportunity to earn industry credentials in manned and unmanned aircraft systems. The Aviation program is available to all students enrolled in the Morris Hills Regional District as an elective sequence; a small number of seats are available by application for out-of-district students specifically interested in the Aviation Program. Additional information about the Aviation sequence can be found here.International Baccalaureate ProgramThe International Baccalaureate Program (IB) is an internationally recognized and respected rigorous course of study focused on international mindedness, concurrency of learning, and community service. Students accepted into the IB Diploma Program will follow a college preparatory/honors sequence in the freshman and sophomore years and take a series of IB courses in 6 areas of study (English, World Language, Individuals and Societies, Mathematics and Computer Science, Experimental Sciences, and the Arts/Electives) in their junior and senior years.For more information on the IB Program, click here.Math and Science Magnet ProgramThe Math and Science Magnet Program (MSM) is a four-year honors program that provides a challenging and focused math/science course sequence where students will invent, design, and conduct original research projects that will yield a cumulative and sound argument. Students will pick an area of specialization as well as free electives from a broad range of other disciplines. The Research Based Analysis/AP Capstone course sequence will allow students the opportunity to work with experts in the field while pursuing their individual areas of interest in applied mathematics and science.For more information on the Magnet Program, click here.
- For the Magnet or IB Program, students must currently be in grade 8 in order to apply.
- Students must meet all pre-requisites if they are applying for the Magnet or IB program.
- Both the IB Program and the Magnet Program are rigorous programs of study for motivated students who meet the established admissions criteria.
- Choice students must meet the same admissions criteria as district residents admitted to the IB or Magnet programs.
- The IB Program is located only at Morris Knolls HS. The Magnet Program is available at both Morris Hills and Morris Knolls High Schools. Admitted incoming 9th graders who live in the district will attend the Magnet Program at the high school designated by their residence. Out-of-district students admitted to the Magnet Program will attend either Morris Hills or Morris Knolls depending on available seats. Any admitted student who has a sibling currently attending Morris Hills or Morris Knolls will be permitted to attend the same school as his/her sibling, space permitting.
- Students may only apply to either the Magnet or IB Program; they cannot apply for both.
Magnet/IB Application Information for In-District Students (Out of District students should click here.)
[Students of any grade level who currently attend either Morris Hills or Morris Knolls and are moving out of district may be eligible to remain in our district in their current school through the School Choice Program. Please contact the Assistant Superintendent's office for details.]
- Magnet or IB Application Instructions for 2024-2025
- Information Session Flyer
- Applications were due on December 1st. Please contact Dr. Zoeller at email@example.com if you are an IN-DISTRICT student who missed the application deadline.