This year, the Morris Hills Regional District is offering three academic options for choice students:
- General High School Program
- Math and Science Magnet Program at Morris Hills High School
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Morris Knolls High School
General High School Program
Our district has over 200 course offerings for students in grades 9-12, including extensive options in the academic core, Business, Technology, Visual & Performing Arts, and a thriving Gifted and Talented Program. Students may apply for 9-12 grades.
International Baccalaureate Program
The International Baccalaureate Program (IB) is an internationally recognized and respected rigorous course of study focused on international mindedness, concurrency of learning, and community service. Students accepted into the IB Diploma Program will follow a college preparatory/honors sequence in the freshman and sophomore years and take a series of IB courses in 6 areas of study (English, World Language, Individuals and Societies, Mathematics and Computer Science, Experimental Sciences, and the Arts/Electives) in their junior and senior years.
For more information on the IB Program, click here
Math and Science Magnet Program
The Math and Science Magnet Program (MSM) is a four-year honors program that provides a challenging and focused math/science course sequence where students will invent, design, and conduct original research projects that will yield a cumulative and sound argument. Students will pick an area of specialization as well as free electives from a broad range of other disciplines. The Research Based Analysis/AP Capstone course sequence will allow students the opportunity to work with experts in the field while pursuing their individual areas of interest in applied mathematics and science.
For more information on the Magnet Program, click here
- For the Magnet or IB Program, students must currently be in grade 8 or 9 in order to apply.
- Students must meet all pre-requisites if they are applying for the Magnet or IB program.
- Both the IB Program and the Magnet Program are rigorous programs of study for motivated students who meet the established admissions criteria.
- Choice students must meet the same admissions criteria as district residents admitted to the IB or Magnet programs.
- Students may opt to be considered for both programs.
[Students of any grade level who currently attend either Morris Hills or Morris Knolls and are moving out of district may be eligible to remain in our district in their current school through the School Choice Program. Please contact the Board Office for details.]