OverviewIn 2010, Governor Christie signed into law the School Choice Act, which permits public school students to attend public schools outside their resident district. Morris Hills Regional District was approved to accept students from out of district in 2011.
- Students who have attended their local public school for the entire prior academic year are eligible to apply for School Choice.
- Parochial/private school students, home-schooled students, and students attending choice programs in other districts may be considered, depending upon space availability after eligible Tier 1 public school students have completed the application process.
- Students who live within 20 miles of Morris Hills Regional can obtain either transportation or aid-in-lieu from their resident district.Decisions about transportation are made solely by the resident district.
- Parents are responsible for transporting students who live over 20 miles from Morris Hills Regional.
- There are no tuition costs associated with School Choice.
Information Sessions for Students Entering in the 2020-2021 School Year:
- School Choice Brochure for 2020-2021
- NJSIAA Rules for Choice Students
- Magnet and IB Prerequisites
- MHRD School Choice Program Profile for 2020-2021
- Intent to Participate Form for 2020-21 (en espanol)- Please note: Out-of-District students who are not enrolled in their resident district (private/parochial school students, home-schooled students, students attending a choice district or charter school, etc.) do not need to submit an Intent to Participate form.
- Magnet or IB Application Instructions for 2020-2021
For more information on the Out-of-District Choice Program, please contact:Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction973-664-2293
- Thursday, October 10, 2019, at 7 PM in the Morris Knolls High School Auditorium, 48 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at 7 PM in the Morris Hills High School Auditorium, 520 West Main Street, Rockaway, NJ 07866
- Both sessions are identical and will provide information on School Choice, the Magnet Program, and the IB Program.