Parents ResourcesTips for Parents
- Spend regular, quality time with your child.
- Let your child know that you do not approve of underage drinking or drug use.
- Talk with your child, not at him/her.
- Listen to your child.
- Be open to discussing drugs/alcohol and controversial issues with your child.
- Set rules and apply them consistently.
- Encourage and support extra-curricular activities.
- Always know where your children are and who they are with.
- Know your child’s friends and their parents.
- Aid your children in making decisions by giving them choices
- Recommended Websites and Books
- Assessment Provider List
- Professional Referral List
- MHRD Policy on Alcohol and Drug Use
- MHRD Regulations on Alcohol and Drug Use
- Back-to-School Survival Guide for Parents