The Morris Hills Regional District serves the communities of Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township, and Wharton. The district also admits students from other New Jersey communities through the Inter-District School Choice Program. This page is for students who are domiciled in one of the four sending districts. All other interested students should visit the School Choice webpage for additional information.
All new entrants to Morris Hills and Morris Knolls must register at the District Registration Office, located on the campus of Morris Knolls High School, at 50 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, in Room A11. Please contact Susan Andersen at 973-664-2295 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. Records/information can be faxed to 973-201-2585.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to enroll my student?
The registration process is very simple:
2) Submit a copy of your child’s birth certificate.
3) Submit photocopies of proofs of residency (1 from Column A and 1 from Column B) as follows:
Column A (must submit one):
Column B (must submit one):
Driver’s License (both sides)*
Current Monthly Mortgage Statement*
NJMVC Non-driver ID Card
Current Tax Bill from Municipality*
Voter Registration Card
Closing Statement showing ownership*
Current Automobile Registration Card
Current complete lease/rental agreement with signatures*
Homestead Rebate Claim*
2 Current Utility Bills (gas, electric, water, etc.; no cell phone bills)*
*financial information/license # can be blacked out
For Student Records, we will request:
- Health/Immunization records
- Transcripts/Test Scores from the previous school (If transcripts are in language other than English or Spanish, having transcripts translated into English is recommended to expedite the scheduling process.)
- Proof of custody (if applicable)
- Attendance and Disciplinary Records
- IEP/504 Plan (if applicable)
What happens once all of the documents are submitted?
Once required documents are submitted, the registrar will review them and determine if more information is needed. A high school and counselor will be assigned. The counselor will call you to come in to set up classes. Busing information will be provided if appropriate.
What happens if my name is not on the lease, deed, mortgage statement or tax bill?
“Short Affidavits” forms must be submitted. The renter/owner and the parent/guardian must complete appropriate forms and have it notarized.
What happens if a student lives with a person other than a parent or legal guardian?
‘Long Affidavits’ forms must be submitted. The parent and the person with whom the student is residing must complete appropriate forms and have them notarized. Documents must be returned within 30 days. These are sent to our Board Offices for approval. Hardship or proof of seeking custody of student must be verified.
- District Registration Office is located at Morris Knolls High School - Room A11
- Susan Andersen -973-664-2295 - email@example.com FAX: 973-201-2585