Application Process: The deadline for entry in Fall 2017 has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications. The 2018-19 application will be available in late September 2017. Information sessions for 18-19 are listed below.
2018-2019 Entry Deadlines -
- Download and complete an "Intent to Participate" Form and submit it to your resident district by December 1st. (Tier 1 students only; Tier 2 students, students already in a choice program, and charter school students do not need to complete an Intent to Participate Form.)
- Complete the MHRD School Choice Online Application (available in late September) and submit, along with a copy of your IEP, ISP, or 504 plan (if applicable) by December 1st.
- Submit Magnet and IB Supplemental Materials and records if applying for Magnet and/or IB Programs along with application by December 1st.
- Admissions testing for the Magnet and IB Programs will take place on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at Morris Hills High School. All dual applicants to MCST Academies and MHRD Magnet/IB Programs will also test on this date.
- Interviews for Magnet and IB candidates will take place by appointment on December 4th and 5th in the Morris Knolls HS Guidance Office.
- An admissions lottery for the General HS Program will be conducted at Morris Knolls HS in the Board Conference Room at 4:30 PM on December 13th and acceptance letters for all three programs will be sent out by December 15th. (Applicants are welcome to attend the lottery but it is not required.)
- If you are accepted and wish to attend, you must submit the “Intent to Enroll” form by January 5, 2018.
- MHRD will contact your home district to assist you in making transportation arrangements.
Deadlines and Important Dates for 2018-19 Entry
- Intent to Participate Form 2018-19 (en Espanol)
- Magnet/IB Supplemental Materials (to be posted in late September)
- MHRD Program Profile 2018-19
October 11, 2017Magnet/IB/School Choice Information Sessionat Morris Knolls High School Auditorium, 7 PM October 17, 2017Magnet/IB/School Choice Information Session at Morris Hills High School Auditorium, 7 PM (Identical to October 11 Program) October 26, 2017Science Night at Morris Hills HighSchool Science Wing, 7 PM (Optional) December 1, 2017School Choice/Magnet/IB Application DeadlineAll Materials must be received by Morris Hills Regional District by this date. December 2, 2017Admissions Testing for Magnet and IB, 8:30 AM,Morris Hills High School Cafeteria(SNOW DATE: December 9th) December 4-5, 2017Admissions Interviews for Magnet and IB, 3:45 - 7 PM,Morris Knolls HS Guidance (by appointment only)(SNOW DATES: December 6-7) December 13, 2017General High School Lottery, Board Office, Morris Knolls campus December 15, 2017Admissions Decisions Mailed Out January 5, 2018Intent to Enroll /Response Forms Due