2023-2024 Entry Deadlines - (Please note: the application and related forms will not be available until September 2022)
- Download and complete an "Intent to Participate" Form and submit it to your resident district by November 30th. (Tier 1 students only; In-district students, Tier 2 students, students already in a choice program, and charter school students do not need to complete an Intent to Participate Form.)
- Complete the MHRD School Choice Online Application and submit, along with a copy of your IEP, ISP, or 504 plan (if applicable) by November 30th.
- Submit Magnet or IB Supplemental Materials and records if applying for Magnet or IB Program along with the application by November 30th (These forms will be submitted electronically.)
- Admissions testing for the Magnet/IB Programs will take place at Morris Hills High School on your selected test date. (You will be able to choose a test date when you apply. All test dates are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Additional test dates may be added if needed. Please note that the application must be submitted in order for the test date request to be processed. Applicants can submit the application without completing the recommendation section; the recommendation section can be submitted separately if needed.)
- An admissions lottery for the General HS Program will be conducted on December 14th and acceptance letters for all three programs will be sent out by December 21st.
- If you are accepted and wish to attend, you must submit the “Intent to Enroll” form by January 5, 2023.
- MHRD will contact your home district to assist you in making transportation arrangements.
Deadlines and Important Dates for 2023-2024 Entry:
- MHRD School Choice Program Profile for 2023-2024
- Intent to Participate Form for 2023-2024 Please note: Out-of-District students who are not enrolled in their resident district (private/parochial school students, home-schooled students, students attending a choice district or charter school, etc.) do not need to submit an Intent to Participate form.
- Magnet or IB Application Instructions for 2023-2024
Tuesday, October 11, 2022Magnet/IB/School Choice AdmissionsInformation Session atMorris Hills High School Auditorium, 520 West Main St, Rockaway, NJ Thursday, October 27, 2022Magnet/IB/School Choice AdmissionsInformation Session atMorris Knolls High School Auditorium, 50 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, NJ November 19, 2022, or December 3, 2022
Admissions Testing for Magnet/IB Program, Morris Hills High School (applicants will select a test date and time when they submit an application)
November 30, 2022School Choice/Magnet/IB Application DeadlineAll Materials must be received by Morris Hills Regional District by this date. December 14, 2022 General High School Lottery December 21, 2022 Admissions Decisions E-Mailed Out January 5, 2023Intent to Enroll /Response Forms Due January 12, 2023Students' resident districts notified of Choice enrollment at MHRD March 15, 2023 Transportation requests sent by MHRD to students' resident districts