2024-2025 Entry Deadlines - (Please note: the application and related forms will not be available until September 2023; deadlines will be updated in late August/early September)
- Download and complete an "Intent to Participate" Form and submit it to your resident district by November 17th. (Tier 1 students only; In-district students, Tier 2 students, students already in a choice program, and charter school students do not need to complete an Intent to Participate Form.)
- Complete the MHRD School Choice Online Application and submit, along with a copy of your IEP, ISP, or 504 plan (if applicable) by December 1st.
- Submit Magnet or IB Supplemental Materials and records if applying for the Magnet or IB Program along with the application by December 1st (These forms will be submitted electronically.)
- Admissions testing for the Magnet/IB Programs will take place at Morris Hills High School on your selected test date. (You will be able to choose a test date when you apply. All test dates are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Additional test dates may be added if needed. Please note that the application must be submitted in order for the test date request to be processed. Applicants can submit the application without completing the recommendation section; the recommendation section can be submitted separately if needed.)
- An admissions lottery for the General HS Program and the Aviation Program will be conducted on December 13th and acceptance letters for all four programs will be sent out by December 21st.
- If you are accepted and wish to attend, you must submit the “Intent to Enroll” form by January 5, 2024.
- MHRD will contact your home district by March 15, 2024 with a transportation request.
Deadlines and Important Dates for 2024-2025 Entry (will be updated once state deadlines are released in late August/early September):
- MHRD School Choice Program Profile for 2024-2025
- Intent to Participate Form for 2024-2025 Please note: Out-of-District students who are not enrolled in their resident district (private/parochial school students, home-schooled students, students attending a choice district or charter school, etc.) do not need to submit an Intent to Participate form.
- Magnet or IB Application Instructions for 2024-2025
- Magnet/IB/School Choice Application
Tuesday, October 10, 2023Magnet/IB/School Choice AdmissionsInformation Session atMorris Knolls High School Auditorium, 50 Knoll Drive, Rockaway, NJ Thursday, October 26, 2023Magnet/IB/School Choice AdmissionsInformation Session atMorris Hills High School Auditorium, 520 West Main St, Rockaway, NJ November 17, 2023Intent to Participate Form Due to Student's Resident District November 18, 2023, or December 2, 2023
Admissions Testing for Magnet/IB Program, Morris Hills High School (applicants will select a test date and time when they submit an application)
December 1, 2023School Choice/Magnet/IB Application DeadlineAll Materials must be received by Morris Hills Regional District by this date. December 13, 2023 General High School & Aviation Lotteries December 21, 2023 Admissions Decisions E-Mailed Out January 5, 2024Intent to Enroll /Response Forms Due January 12, 2024Students' resident districts notified of Choice enrollment at MHRD March 15, 2024 Transportation requests sent by MHRD to students' resident districts