2020-2021 Entry Deadlines -
- Download and complete an "Intent to Participate" Form and submit it to your resident district by December 3rd. (Tier 1 students only; In-district students, Tier 2 students, students already in a choice program, and charter school students do not need to complete an Intent to Participate Form.)
- Complete the MHRD School Choice Online Application (available in September) and submit, along with a copy of your IEP, ISP, or 504 plan (if applicable) by December 3rd.
- Submit Magnet or IB Supplemental Materials and records if applying for Magnet or IB Program along with application by December 3rd (These forms will be submitted electronically.)
- Admissions testing for the Magnet/IB Programs will take place on Saturday, December 7, 2019, at Morris Hills High School. Applicants who are applying to both Magnet/IB and any MCST Academy will take the majority of their admissions tests with MCST and any additional needed tests for Magnet and IB on December 7th.
- An admissions lottery for the General HS Program will be conducted at Morris Knolls HS in the Board Conference Room at 10 AM on December 18th and acceptance letters for all three programs will be sent out by December 20th. (Applicants are welcome to attend the lottery but it is not required.)
- If you are accepted and wish to attend, you must submit the “Intent to Enroll” form by January 6, 2020.
- MHRD will contact your home district to assist you in making transportation arrangements.
Deadlines and Important Dates for 2020-2021 Entry
- Intent to Participate Form for 2020-2021 (en espanol)
- MHRD School Choice Program Profile for 2020-2021 (Revised 10/28/19)
- Magnet or IB Application Instructions for Fall 2020
October 10, 2019Magnet/IB/School Choice Information Sessionat Morris Knolls High School Auditorium, 7 PM October 15, 2019Magnet/IB/School Choice Information Session at Morris Hills High School Auditorium, 7 PM (Identical to October 10 Program) October 24, 2019Science Night at Morris Knolls HighSchool Science Wing, 7 PM (Optional) December 3, 2019School Choice/Magnet/IB Application DeadlineAll Materials must be received by Morris Hills Regional District by this date. December 7, 2019Admissions Testing for Magnet/ IB, 8:30 AM,(check in begins at 8 AM), Morris Hills High School Cafeteria(SNOW DATE: December 14th) December 18, 2019 General High School Lottery, 10 AM, Board Office, Morris Knolls campus December 20, 2019Admissions Decisions Mailed Out January 6, 2020Intent to Enroll /Response Forms Due January 17, 2020 Students' resident districts notified of Choice enrollment at MHRD