OverviewFor the 2020-2021 school year, the Morris Hills Regional District will make up to 15 seats available (depending on availability) district-wide for incoming freshmen residing in one of the four sending districts (Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township, and Wharton) who wish to transfer to Morris Hills or Morris Knolls. The program is not available for students who already attend Morris Hills or Morris Knolls or for students who do not live in one of the four sending communities.
- Incoming freshmen will have the opportunity to apply for one of these "choice" seats.
- In order to apply, students and parents/guardians must fill out the In-District Lottery application (available online January 1st) by clicking on the tab on the left) prior to February 1st of their eighth-grade year. Please note that the application deadline for Fall 2020 is earlier than it has been in previous years.
- If more students apply than there are seats available, a lottery will be conducted to determine which applicants will receive the available seats and which will be placed on a rank-ordered waitlist.
- If fewer applicants apply than there are seats available, those seats will remain available on a first-come, first-serve basis until the Fall 2020 hybrid cohorts are established. Due to the complexity of the hybrid schedule, no schedule changes will be permitted after the hybrid cohorts are established in mid-August.
- Students who opt to accept the school choice offer will not be able to return to the high school designated by their residence. Therefore, families should carefully weigh all considerations before deciding to accept a choice seat.
Information for the 2021-2022 school year will be posted on this website in December 2020.
For more information on the Intra-District Lottery Program, please contact:Dr. Nisha Zoeller - Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction973-664-2293