All students will be able to use a world language in addition to English to engage in meaningful conversation, to understand and interpret spoken and written language, and to present information, concepts, and ideas, while also gaining an understanding of the perspectives of other cultures. Through language study, they will make connections with other content areas, compare the language and culture studied with their own, and participate in home and global communities.
Benefits of Learning a World Language:
- Increases employment opportunities
- Helps one understand different cultures
- Helps enhance English skills and increase SAT scores
- Gives a new perspective of one’s own culture and language
- May satisfy World Languages requirements for colleges and universities when two or more years are successfully completed in high school.