Goals and Objectives
The educational program of this district shall help students:
- Develop critical thinking skills necessary to solve problems.
- Generate new ideas through creative thinking.
- Use efficient learning techniques to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
- Set specific goals; recognize constraints, alternatives, and risks; and evaluate and choose the best option.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, mathematics, science, world language, listening, speaking, viewing, and media literacy.
- Work with a variety of technologies.
- Develop career awareness and planning, employability skills and foundational knowledge necessary for success in the workplace.
- Demonstrate understanding, friendliness, adaptability, empathy, and politeness in group settings.
- Examine, clarify, and apply positive values and ethical principles.
- Build self-esteem by discovering their unique abilities and characteristics.
- Develop positive attitudes toward school and toward lifelong learning.
- Recognize the role of the individual in the global community.
- Develop an awareness of and sensitivity to issues of cultural and gender equity.
- Respect and work to improve the quality of the environment.
- Accept responsibility for their own academic and social development and improvement.
- Demonstrate qualities of good citizenship.
- Develop habits which promote good physical and mental health.
The Morris Hills Regional District will:
- Provide a comprehensive and integrated curriculum designed to prepare students for lifelong learning and personal development, for employment, and for citizenship in a democratic society.
- Provide students with opportunities to clarify their values and ethics, develop civic responsibilities, gain a global awareness, learn to appreciate the values and beliefs of others, and gain confidence in their own abilities and talents.
- Encourage involvement of parents, community organizations, business, institutions of higher learning and other appropriate constituencies in the education process.
- Provide necessary resources to create an environment and atmosphere that allows maximum attainment of all education and people related objectives.
- Enable the staff to continue to improve its skills by encouraging staff development and attendance at workshops and conferences.
- Integrate a variety of assessment tools and procedures as a means for evaluating student performance and achievement.
- Provide the opportunity and encouragement for all students to participate in educational programs which extend beyond school.
- Provide for individual needs and differences by giving equal recognition and support for all academic and co-curricular programs.
- Provide guidance for career selection.
- Evaluate district programs on a regular basis.